Tuesday, August 5, 2008

In "God's Own Country"

After long long fifteen years, I got second opportunity to be at beautiful Kovallam beach. Though the rainy season had turned the sea rough and grayish, and my two days there were fully engaged in a meeting to keep me bounded from strolling far away at beach or roaming around in Trivendarum streets, I enjoyed this short nostalgic trip.

Around fifteen years back, when I was a young school boy, I collected a bag full of seashells at that beach. The images on my mind of gigantic blue waves of that time came alive when I stepped on beach after such a long period. Another difference, in our previous visit years back along my parents, we stayed in a small middle class hotel in the city and after spotting a beautiful resort at Kovallam beach, I innocently complained my dad for not booking that resort and now this time when I checked in this resort, I really missed him.














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picts.....

I've not been beach so hope one day I will be there..... all depends on HIS wish.... And hope might HE will fulfill my wish.

Might your Dad blessing that you were there once again and stayed there..... He must be happy that your childhood wish is fulfilled....

TC

Anonymous said...

I've never been to a beach. :-( I'm so jealous of you. But its touching that you missed your father. Hope you will be able to enjoy a vocation together in future.

Anonymous said...

Beaches !! I am mad about the beaches. So nice pictures.. It feels that I am feeling the cool air with plenty of oxygen, that flows on the sea-shores..Kovalam is really a nice beach..

Anonymous said...

hello my dear friend, i haven t heard from u since a long time ago, do u remember me?
i hope u have not forgotten me, this is Amir, the guy from persia, do u remember? i really love to hear from u soon...
i have not forgotten u at all, i think u had a child named "Gravit", how is he? fine?
call me as soon as possible...