Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dancing Leaves


The drive was breathtaking, the scene was so heavenly. Roads were covered with the yellow and green leaves fallen from the trees. I don’t remember the last time I saw such beauty happening before me. I saw them falling on the road in thousands of numbers from tress in front of my eyes through the windshield of car.

The green road widen my eyes and pondered my heart. Breeze outside and the movements of vehicles filled the atmosphere with floating leaves. Driving my car through the dancing leaves make me feel of some sweet dream.

Surprisingly I was not driving amid the deep woods hundreds of miles away from city. The 15 minutes drive from office to bank and then back to office in the cloudy noon today at Madhya Marg was really splendid. Chandigarh is really beautiful city sometimes. The scenic beauty didn’t last for long, drizzling started and turned in complete rain washing off the roads to its original black later. But that short period was long enough to make my day.

Wish I had my camera with me at that moment :( (Here is a pic from local newspaper next day.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made it so easy........
For a min,I felt I was accompanying you

Praney ! said...

ty peggy, i m lookin for a photo from some local papers for you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful writing , what a wonderful scene , i wish i was there with u praney
add more pics of the secne...
ur description of the scene really amazed me...teach me how i can write this way...plzzzz

Praney ! said...

I hope you not making fun of me really, Amir?

Sadly no more papers got the pics and as i wrote i was not carrying mine with me :( But I would be posting some nice pics soon.

Thanks a lot though.

Anonymous said...

why making fun of you when you r a good writer ? , actually never i can write this way....

Praney ! said...

Thanks Amir , i am flattered.