Wednesday, December 20, 2006

When I am Sixty Four !


The Beatles, whenever you listen to them they enlighten your mood. Slow, easy, passionate, warm, sober are many words you can describe for their songs, Here is one sung by them, "When I am 64", every one has to go through this stage. Kishore Da also had mentioned such views in a song of the movie Namak Haram.

Daulat aur jawani
Ek din kho jaten hai,
kuch na poocho
sari duniya, dushman ho jaten hai
Umar bhar dost lekin, sath chalte hain.
Diye jalte hain...........

Is rang rup pe dekho
hargiz naz na karna,
jaan bhi mange yaar
to de dena, inkaar na karna
rang urd jaten hai
rup dalten hain.
Diye jalte hain...........


Here is the song by The Beatles, Enjoy !


When I'm Sixty-Four
When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now,

Will you still be sending me a Valentine,
Birthday greetings bottle of wine,

If I'd been out to quarter to three,
Would you lock the door,

Will you still need me,will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four,

You'll be older too,
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you,

I could be handy, mending a fuse,
When your lights have gone,

You can knit a sweater by the fireside,
Sunday morning go for a ride,

Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more,

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four,

Every summer we can rent a cottage,
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not to dear,
We shall scrimp and save,

Grandchildren on your knee,
Vera, Chuck and Dave,

Send me a postcard, drop me a line,
Stating point of view,

Indicate precisely what you mean to say,
Yours sincerely, wasting away,

Give me your answers, fill in a form,
Mine for evermore,

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.
Another song from Kishore Da hit my mind about same feelings: Its almost same wording.
Jab honge saath saal ke, aur tum hogi pachapan ki
bolo preet nibhaogi na, tab bhi apne bachapan ki

Tum jab honge saath saal ke, aur main hongi pachapan ki
preet ki jyot jalaaungi main, tab bhi apne bachapan ki
Baahon ka sahara ho jab, lakdi kyon ham tekenge
aankh bhale dhundhali ho jaaye, dil ki nazar se dekhenge
aankhon mein tum yunhi dekhana, kya hai zaroorat darpan ki
bolo preet nibhaaogi na, tab bhi apne bachapan ki
Roop ki ye mastani dhun, ek din to dhal jaayegi
aur qismat bhi chehare pe, samay ka rang mal jaayegi
tum tab kahi badal na jana, qasam tumhe is dhadkan ki
bolo preet nibhaaoge na, tab bhi apne bachpan ki
Thandi mein tum sweater bunnaa, ham lakdi chun laayenge
bachcho ke sang bachche ban kar, ham dono tutalaayenge
miljul kar ham saath rahenge, baat na hogi anaban ki
bolo preet nibhaaogi na, tab bhi apne bachapan ki

No comments: